When you have a child, the world immediately becomes a much more frightening place. All of a sudden every decision that you make really matters, and anything you do can backfire in a way that is truly terrifying. You do not truly know responsibility until you are smiled out of the hospital carrying your newborn baby in your arms, and trust us: it can be the most terrifying experience that you’ll ever have. But you’ll soon learn what they like and what they don’t, how they like to eat and what they love to talk about. It’s the big medical decisions ahead of you that really start to prove difficult because you can’t get to know a dentist in the way that you can a child – and when you start to read about non toxic dentists, it can all get very confusing. So what is a non toxic dentist, and why should you even consider one for your child?
A non toxic dentist is someone who has completed all of the normal high standards of dental training, so they are a fully qualified dentist, but they have made slightly different decisions when it comes to organising and running their dental practice. Whereas other more traditional dentists will use of the proscribed materials and chemicals in their dental practice, all of the typical testing methods and techniques that are taught in the dental training colleges, and see absolutely no reason to do anything differently, non toxic dentists have realised that in many cases, those testing methods and chemicals could actually provide more harm than good. They decide to remove these from their practice, and this gives them the name non toxic.
It may seem a little dramatic to you. After all, what on earth could a traditional dentist have that is really so dangerous? Surely no one would be allowed to use anything that could really harm a patient, otherwise they would be struck off the register and forbidden from being a dentist? If only it were that simple. A non toxic dentist will choose to remove lots of chemicals that are still perfectly legal and acceptable to use in a traditional dentist surgery, despite years and years of testings and proof that they simply do not work as well as they should. Take mercury, for example. We see it in thermometers and we know that it is a poison. Hundreds of years of experience have taught us that mercury poisoning can cause blindness, or madness, and eventual death. And yet thousands upon thousands of patients are given mercury fillings by their dentist completely legally.
A non toxic dentist knows that this is crazy – why on earth would you give someone something that is so dangerous? But because it is the way that things have always been done, the dental community are slow to change. This can be very worrying for parents, because you want your child to have the absolute best care that there is available, and the last thing that you want is for them to have poisonous chemicals used in their treatment! That is why searching out for a non toxic dentist is one of the best decisions that you could ever make for your child’s health. It will not only give them access to the same top notch dental knowledge and expertise as any other dentist, but it will also ensure that no harmful chemicals or toxins will ever be used around them for diagnostic or treatment purposes – and that is the true benefit of a non toxic dentist.
Why not start your search for a non toxic dentist in your area today?
Reference – http://sandiegodentist.org